How is the Simpsons still airing?

It is not funny anymore. At all. I've watched so many Simpsons episodes and I really enjoy the earlier episodes up until around 2008ish. They started going downhill and is like...not even funny. I'm not saying they should cancel they show because it has lots of fans, just wondering how it is continuing to... show more It is not funny anymore. At all. I've watched so many Simpsons episodes and I really enjoy the earlier episodes up until around 2008ish. They started going downhill and is like...not even funny. I'm not saying they should cancel they show because it has lots of fans, just wondering how it is continuing to stay strong without being funny?
Update: class has no place in comedy
Update 2: And Family Guy is not just fart jokes. Their newer episodes are a lot more in depth. It really doesn't have that many fart jokes. Maybe 1 every 3 episodes.