Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Joe asked in EnvironmentOther - Environment · 9 years ago

Can I Put fire out with Gasoline?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Gasoline make fire bigger

Or Gasoline make fire boom boom

one or the other

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Putting Out Fire With Gasoline

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

You can theoretically put out a fire with gasoline. The question is how much fire and with how much gasoline.

The idea, is to send the gasoline with enough volume, with enough speed, and with enough integrity (not vaporised) into the flame so that the gasoline is able to remove heat from the flame's fuel and/or cut of its oxygen source instantly. If you can't do either of those two things instantly, then obviously the gasoline will catch fire and you have a significantly more serious problem on your hands.

• Athena
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

No, but you can with kerosene. Some fires anyway.

Don't throw gas on a fire.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I seriously hope this is just a joke. DO NOT ever attempt to put out a fire out with gasoline. Do you not ever READ the warning labels on gas cans or etc. that sais WARNING: FLAMMABLE, COMBUSTIBLE MATERIALS!

Source(s): I work at a Gas Fired, Power Plant.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

How very Classical Gas of you. I hope I break on through to the other side of the New Year, and burn the old one out of memory. Good Morning.

• 9 years ago

No , it will give large amount of fire with danger, You should use kerosene instead of it.

• 9 years ago

Seriously.Not only can you not put it out.You will make worst.Then the Flame will follow the Stream back to you.

Source(s): Happen to a Kidd in my Neighborhood.He was consumed insteadly.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

sounds weird

• six
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.