Is it hives or bed bug bites?

I get a lot of raised pinkish welts over different parts of my body that disappear in 15 minutes or so. Sometimes, it just itches, but I can't see a welt or redness.

About 2 weeks ago, I did take an injection that made me hyper sensitive for a few days. I'm also allergic to many thing (seriously, my face turned purple as a child when I got face paint on the last day of school once).

Anyway, I checked for bed bugs, and couldn't find any, but I know they are secretive. I looked at the sides of the mattress and couldn't see the brownish spots they leave.

But I'm no expert. What do you think? Hives or bed bugs?

Note: they increase with heat, and when I'm sleepy sometimes.

Favorite Answer

Hives increase with heat. If you think you have bed bugs you can call an exterminator who specializes in bed bug eradication. Bed bug evidence is easy to spot but you have to know what you are looking for. The most obvious is the adult bug which is brownish red, flat and looks like an apple seed. The next sign would be the black spot evidence they leave behind after feeding. They leave it on the mattress, along baseboards, behind pictures and posters.

If they say you have bed bugs make them show you so you don't get duped.

Benedryl may help for either situation but you may want to see your doctor but you already knew that. :)

Source(s): experience with bed bugs