Vegan like diet for weight loss?

Im curious, if i were to go on a vegan like diet (eating vegetables,fruits ect) for a period of time, would it help weight loss? Can it be beneficial? what are some tips on doing so?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Im a vegeterian so not totally vegan but i kinda eat like one. Ive been one for 2 years and since i wasnt a vegan i was eating very unhealthy with candy,chips,soda, bread,cheese, etc. so it really didnt help. but now im eating more on the vegan side and only use less than a tblspoon of milk a day and sometines ill have cheese. I hve successfully lost 38 pounds. And feel better about myself. Before june i did eat yogurt and cheese and other stuff that was healthy,but not vegan, but since june started i have cut back and have lost more lost more weight then before. Some tips are dont think your diet is restricted, i eat this brand of fake meat called morning star and they make breakfast,lunch,dinner stuff. And it taste good and full of protein. But theres a lot you can eat and you'll def. Lise weight.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Although the people Nussinow sees at vegan or vegetarian gatherings are typically slim or at a normal weight, a plant-based diet doesn't automatically equal weight loss. You can still gain weight from eating too many servings of nuts, nut butters, fat-rich avocados, and seeds. There are certain exercises, foods, and even weight loss products that could help you.

• Bekki
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Vegan diets offer plenty of protein. Americans have become obsessed with protein and eat far too much of it, as a result, a third of the nation is obese. Read Dr. Colin Campbell's "The China Study", it's brilliant. I've been vegan for over 5 months now and I'm finally starting to lose weight I've been trying to lose for decades on more traditional diets. You have to find what works for you because everyone is different.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Veganism isn't a vitamin. At probably the most you're a strict vegetarian. Which is a vitamin, however now not a weight-reduction plan. Why could you count on to shed extra pounds? Losing weight is approximately the steadiness of energy moving into via meals and going out via pastime. Your frame does now not care whether or not those energy come from animal merchandise. If you wish to shed extra pounds, consume much less energy and be extra lively.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mike
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

vegan diets lack protein which is an essential building block to building muscles and even losing weight. To be honest, if you cut out saturated and trans fats out of your diet and quit with heavily processed foods and fast foods... you should be losing weight anyway. A little run or walk would speed up your weight loss.

• 5 years ago

a mediterranean diet not only comes with heart benefits studies show it leads to more weight loss than low fat diets

• 5 years ago

go 20 mph on your bike for 6 1 2 minutes

• 5 years ago

Don t take rest more than 30 seconds between exercises

• 5 years ago

not only will you get in some exercise you re less likely to choose something unhealthy after a little movement

• 5 years ago

Exercise each day is more effective than weekend workouts

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.