Baby name questionnaire :)?

Have fun! :) 1) What's your favorite uncommon name? Mine: I like Jessen. It's a German boys' name that has never hit the top 1000, and I've never heard it in the baby name community. 2) What's an alternate spelling you prefer to the real spelling? (includes legitimate foreign... show more Have fun! :)

1) What's your favorite uncommon name?
Mine: I like Jessen. It's a German boys' name that has never hit the top 1000, and I've never heard it in the baby name community.

2) What's an alternate spelling you prefer to the real spelling? (includes legitimate foreign spellings)
Mine: I prefer Catherine, the English spelling, to Katherine. The C looks much softer and more feminine. Also Hanna to Hannah because it's more clean-cut and easier to read.

3) What's a "unisex" name that looks all right on one gender, but awful on the other?
Mine: I hate the name Elliot on a girl. It's an English form of Elijah, which is purely masculine. It horrifies me that people would want to bestow this name on a girl just because it has the nickname potential for "Ellie." That's like saying Natalie is masculine because it has Nat as a nickname!

4) What really bugs you in the baby naming community? (other than people liking crazy, made-up, misspelled names -- in my last baby name questionnaire, almost EVERYONE put that!)
Mine: When people assume Jordan is a hijacked boy name. It started out as a given name in medieval times, when BOTH BOYS AND GIRLS baptized in the Jordan River were named Jordan. It's one of the rare few names that are truly unisex. Also, when people say there's no such thing as unisex, just masculine and feminine, that's it.

5) What's a name that you love, and would want to use, if only it weren't so popular?
Mine: Evelyn is a gorgeous, classic, timeless name, but it's so popular, and rising. For boys, I'd say Jacob. It's handsome, with a rich history and would look good on a job resume. But it was #1 in the state in the year I was born in, and there's at least one in every of my classes, so a baby Jacob wouldn't feel special or unique. Then again, I don't like unique "stand out" names.

6) What is a trendy name you just don't get?
Mine: I don't understand how Aubree (spelled like that) is appealing or popular at all. Also, Gabrielle/Gabriella is a gorgeous name, but Gabby sickens me.

7) What are your limits when it comes to "too popular", if you have any?
Mine: I stay out of the top 90, but I've been loosening up on name popularity. Who knows? Maybe one day I won't be fazed by popularity at all.

8) What's a name that you love, but everyone else seems to hate, and why do they hate it?
Mine: Girl, Maelys or Mehetabel; boy, Baylen or Eliel. People think they're made up, but they're not.

9) What is your all-time favorite name? (boy and girl)
Mine: Richard Hugh and Jennifer Paige.

6 stars and I'll do another one. If you have any suggestions for questions I could add to the next questionnaire, suggest them! :)
Update: @Erin Katherine is the original Greek name, derived from kathos, meaning "pure." Old English did not have a K, so Catherine, the English form, came into being. I used to think that Katherine was a different spelling and Catherine was the original, so I don't blame you.
Update 2: @Odella You have a very nice taste in names! :)
Update 3: @LiveLoveLaugh Caelan and Kaylynn aren't really the same origin. Caelan is a Gaelic boys' name, while Kaylynn is a combination of Kay + Lynn. I know because there's a girl in my AP biology class named Kaylynn.