promotion image of download ymail app

Is it possible to convert my tourist visa to work permit after company formation in Labuan?

Hello! Please i would like to ask if i can convert my tourist visa to a work permit if i formed my company in Malaysia, Labuan.

Legally speaking, i can stay in Malaysia for 30 days without a visa but i am wondering if can convert my current state from "visitor" to "work permit" provided that i formed a company legally in Labuan. In other words, i would like to know if the Malaysian government allows the change of status of visa or not. I am planning to start the procedure of company formation procedure from there and converting my visa to work permit legally while being there.

Thanks in advance for your help. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Labuan is in Sarwak, East Malaysia/Malaysian Borneo. So you need to get in touch with the local immigration office in Sarawak to request details. But you may have to complete a lot of formalities such as paying the stamp duty etc in order to get the permit process moving. A long term business visa maybe more helpful for you if you are setting up your own company.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

    Ask your attorney who is doing your company formation in Labuan. It depends in part on how much money you are capitalizing your company with, your expertise, and your creation of jobs in Malaysia. Your attorney will need to handle everything.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.