To move to Canada and be a Citizen + more? 10 points!?

Hai there, I am a fourteen year old girl, planning for my future. I currently live in Ohio in the United States. I have been through many phases of ideas for what I want to be when I grow up, but one that has always stuck with me is being a teacher. I am good at helping people learn, and I enjoy doing it. Being an actress is still and interest of mine, but its not realistic in my opinion. I've always contemplated moving to Canada since about 5th grade and all of the talk of global warming, but it has evolved into much more than just 'wanting' to move there. I am being very serious about it now. Even so that I just recorded my mom saying that in 5 or 6 years I have her permission to move there. I want to go to college to become maybe a sixth grade or lower teacher, thats one of my questions, would going to college in the US or going to college in Canada be better? Also, what are all of the steps I need to take to become a Canadian citizen, what tests? Is it like becoming an American citizen only with Canada history questions? I need to know everything there is to know about moving to Canada, because as I said I am very serious about it at this point. So any answers tips and suggestions?

Best Answer

In order to immigrate and become a citizen, you first have to get Permanent Resident status.

In the US, you'd call that getting a Green Card.

After you've met the requirements (living here for a couple of years) you can apply to become a full Canadian citizen.

And yes, the test is similar to America's except with Canadian stuff.

There's various ways of getting PR status in Canada.

For a young person, the easiest is getting your degree from a Canadian university.

Normally, foreign students have to leave Canada after getting their degree same as in the US.

But Canada has an option for people who want to stay called Canadian Experience Class.

If you get your degree here, and qualify for Experience Class, you'll get PR status.

College and University in Canada costs less than going to a US school.

You'll pay more than Canadian citizens (cheaper post-secondary education is one of the benefits of citizenship) but it's still cheaper than an American would pay in the US.

And US student loans can be used to pay for education outside of the US, by the way.

So if you're very serious, here's the Canadian government websites you'll need:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada information about Study Permits:

Link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp

C&IC information about Canadian Experience Class

Link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.a...

C&IC information about applying for citizenship:

Link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/index.asp

The book you'll have to study for the citizenship test.

Keep in mind it'll probably change by the time you actually reach that point, but it'll help you learn more about Canada.

Link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publication...

I recommend you go over all this stuff with your mom so she can help with anything you might not understand.

And don't be shy about coming back and asking us more questions here.

Lastly, I sincerely wish you the best of luck and hope you achieve your dreams in life.

Whether they're here in Canada, or if somewhere else.

• grewe

Your mothers and fathers are no longer likely to be time-honored for immigration to Canada if one in each and every of them is on incapacity. you're waiting to attend Sheridan college as a worldwide student notwithstanding it's going to be very high priced as a worldwide student. international pupils are no longer financed in any way. you will possibly might desire to have all your costs for the 1st twelve months and sufficient funds to stay for a twelve months once you arrive. See below. you will locate Oakville very high priced. the essential house is around $500 0000 for townhouse or indifferent. The neighbouring cities are just about as high priced. Condos initiate at over $a million 000, yet you're able to desire to get an apartement greater cost-effective in a basementThere are no longer any foreclosure there. minimum salary in the province is $10.25 yet international pupils are limited with the place and how lots they are in a position to be employed.