what books are interesting? which books would you recomend?

im a sophomore in high school and i have to pick a book from one of these authors but im having trouble finding one that would be interesting... not one that i would get bored on. here are my options:

Joseph Addison, James Agee, Margaret Atwood, Francis Bacon, James Baldwin, G. K. Chesterton, Joan Didion, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Paul Fussell, Mavis Gallant, Nadine Gordimer, Edward Hoagland, Zora Neale Hurston, Jamaica Kincaid, Charles Lamb, Norman Mailer, Nancy Mairs, Mary McCarthy, N. Scott Momaday, Michel de Montaigne, V. S. Naipaul, Tillie Olsen, George Orwell, Cynthia Ozick, Ishmael Reed, Adrienne Rich, Mordecai Richler, Sharman Apt Russell, Scott Russell Sanders, Richard Selzer, Richard Steele, Shelby Steele, Henry David Thoreau, John Updike, Alice Walker, Eudora Welty, E. B. White, Terry Tempest Williams, Virginia Woolf

Favorite Answer

Scott Russell Sanders: A paradise of bombs

This award-winning collection moves from the dark and technically astonishing title essay--on growing up within the confines of a huge Army arsenal in Ohio--to reflections on mountain hikes, limestone quarries, and fathers teaching their sons

Margaret Atwood

The Handmaids tale

Set in the near future, it describes life in what once was the United States, now called the Republic of Gilead. Reacting to social unrest, and a sharply declining birthrate, the new regime has reverted to -- even gone beyond -- the repressive tolerance of the original Puritans. Offred is a Handmaid who may leave the home of the Commander and his wife once a day to walk to food markets whose signs are now pictures instead of words because women are no longer allowed to read.

G.K. Chesterton: pick any of his Father Brown mysteries

It's a bit difficult answering your question as you haven't described your taste in books. If you are looking for an easy read from your list, go with Alice Walker, The Color Purple. If you like feminist literature, try Margaret Atwood, crime fiction: G.K. Chesterton - I loved 1984 by George Orwell, but wouldn't have a clue if you would because you haven't explained what books bore you.

I would recommend you go to Amazon and enter the authors' names to get a description of some of their novels - see which ones interest you......

You should probably read Getting Out Alive. I can't recall the author's name but it is written by a fifteen year old. I know tons of people that loved it. If you search for it search "Getting Out Alive zombies" It will come up then. It is a great book!

Ancient Evenings is a facinating book about ancient Egypt and reincarnation. I read it when I was your age and it touched me deeply. Let us know if you like it. This link gives a brief overview.