Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 9 years ago

Why are doctor’s offices closed on Martin Luther King Day?

I tried to call my doctor on Martin Luther King Day this year and all I got was a person answering the phone and said it was an answering service because the Dr. office was closed that day because of Martin Luther King today! Why is that?! I didn’t think small holidays like Martin Luther King Day were important for doctor offices to be closed! Post offices, banks, and government jobs, I can understand them being closed because of Martin Luther King being a national holiday but why do those lucky b*stards at the doctor’s office get the privelage to have Martin Luther King day off?! That’s not right!

Favorite Answer

Because that doctor chose to take off that holiday. A doctor also has the right to chose to be closed every Tuesday if they wish. It is their business. Don't like it? Find another doctor who can give you a get over it pill.

Because it's a national holiday