Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Is there such a thing as HeLa souls?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There is no scientific evidence to support the existence of anyone's soul.

However, if souls do exist, then I'm sure Henrietta Lacks had one.

Do you believe that the blood cells that people donate for transfusions have souls?

Do you believe that the body parts that people donate for transplantation have souls?

Do you believe that a living person who donates a kidney has lost a part of his/her soul? Do you believe that amputees have amputated souls?

Do sperm cells have souls? Or, unfertilized eggs?

What about skin cells you shed daily?

If souls exist, then the cells from Henrietta Lacks' cervical cancer would be no more likely to possess a soul than the blood cells hanging in a transfusion bag.

If heaven exists, would Henrietta Lacks be denied access until all her cells have died? What if someone donates a kidney and the recipient continues to live after the doner has died? Can the doner get into heaven while the recipient is still alive?

The religious answer to this question is various, as it depends entirely on personal opinion, faith, beliefs and/or religion. (Some JW's reject blood transfusions - but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with souls).

The scientific answer to this question is that souls do not exist (hence, the religious answers to this question are irrelevant to science).

Here's a reference for those who don't know what HeLa cells are:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/Henri...

• Yes.

Eric Cartman pronounces people to be such.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I must assume so. It is living tissue, and as people tell me, fetuses have souls.

Every time you destroy some HeLa cells, you give power to Satan, you know.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

There are no such thing as souls.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

What sre you talking about? Give details.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.