Best Answer

Short Answer: No.

Long Answer: The question implies there is a spiritual reason for people to be executed in the first place.

While I am no expert on world religions (only taken a couple of classes on the subject, spent some off hours doing personal research on whatever happened to fancy me at the time, and had a grandfather that taught me it is okay to explore spirituality), my basic understanding of Islam is that it is against their holy teachings to consume alcohol. For that reason, in the context of their world view, yes, they should be executed; they broke the law, and the punishment is death.

Do I personally believe it is right? No. Do I believe there should ever be an execution based on what a spiritual book (any spiritual book) says? No. Do I believe there should ever be an execution? I believe that society and technology have evolved to the point where we can safely house anyone away from the general population so as to prevent them from doing harm to someone else. Do I believe death makes for a good deterrent? Yes, but I also believe the hope of forgiveness makes for a better incentive to change.

However, it is often difficult to remain objective of another culture's morality when we lack the ability to empathize, as a nation, with a society containing drastically different customs and priorities.

Source(s): Associates of Liberal Arts (coursework including adolescent psychology, cultural anthropology, developmental psychology, ethics, humanities I and II, intoduction to philosophy, introduction to counseling skills, religions of the world).

I personally don't think so.

It is quite hypocritical since :

Our own bodies produce a type of alcohol called endogenous ethanol. Around one pound per day which is quite a large amount. Yeast found in bread, pasta... that the body is unable to digest also ferments & becomes alcohol in our own bodies apparently.

Also Muhammad encouraged the drinking of milk, despite the fact that milk in many cases is worse than alcohol;

- Most people of non Northern-European descent are lactose intolerant. If you're really lucky like me; then you're both lactose intolerant & allergic.

- Dairy product consumption has a link to cancer.

...

Alcohol is found in desinfectants, lots of medication, cleaning products... Basically we are surronded by it.

Spiritually speaking according to Islam tradition; According the Shariah(Islamic law) then yes, they should be executed.

Source(s): Iraqi "alcoholic"

Spiritually speaking no they should not; unless they were hurting someone else, no one should be punished for breaking a religious law. However, in this case they are repeat offenders who repeatedly broke the country's law. I think the law is not good, state should not enforce any religion's laws, but it is still the law and they knew the consequences for their actions and they had already experienced it. It's not like they were trying to practice religious freedom and are being executed for it; they just wanted to drink alcohol and they risked death for it. Pretty silly, if you ask me.

"The time has come. Execute Order 66." ?Palpatine to dissimilar clone commanders — Order 66 grow to be considered one of a series of contingency orders that the clone infantrymen of the Grand military of the Republic have been knowledgeable to prepare for throughout their improve. The order branded the Jedi as traitors of the Republic and talked approximately as for his or her prompt execution without question. Its issuing by using preferrred Chancellor Palpatine marked the formal commencing up of the large Jedi Purge, the upward thrust of the Galactic Empire and grow to be chief between the atrocities that brought about the Galactic Civil conflict. merely approximately all the Jedi have been killed by using Order 66, and an incredible form of of the survivors have been killed in the large Jedi Purge that observed. The Jedi Order survived by acts of Jedi, alongside with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda coaching Luke Skywalker the approaches of the stress. +++++in case you assert so+++++++

If sharia law ever comes into force into the U.S.A, probably every 3 in 5 would be executed, pray Obama doesnt win the eleciton.

Yes, the justice system of Iran should be executed.

>having been twice before convicted

An aspect of Sharia that is not mentioned often in the West. Three strike rule.

Anyway, although the law is daft...I can't say I have much sympathy. You'd think they'd be a bit more careful.

As an ACTUAL pro-life person, I am not a fan of executions.

NOTE: Actual Pro-Life = Pro Choice/Anti-death penalty.

Nope.

I miss the Shaw of Iran.

:,(...