Why do people think weed is good?

Okay, so it seems like everyone I know is always talking about how it's good for you and has NEVER, EVER killed anyone. That it is natural, so that must mean it's good for you.I believe that this is very untrue, and am super against it. Will never use it, or any drug for that matter. And, lots of natural things are bad for you. But it's really annoying how I'll log onto Facebook, just to find people talking about how it's amazing for you, reposting pictures that say "Weed has never killed ANYONE. Cigarettes have killed thousands!", stuff like that. I might just sound like a bitchy complainer, but it is just strange. The people doing it always deny that it does anything bad... But common sense tells me that inhaling smoke is never good for you, neither are the bad decisions you can make while high. Or, that it can take up all your time, money, life. Even if it doesn't kill you, it could ruin your life. I know there are some people that are successful and use it, but that doesn't mean everyone will be. And, you can get arrested for use/possession of it. If you smoke, I'm not telling you not to, I don't really care, but I just wonder why people think it's like the best thing you can do for yourself, ever, when it's not. That I know of. :)

Favorite Answer

Due to their altered state of perception..

I'm a long term cannabis smoker and i think you are still ignorant on the effects of cannabis use.

Cannabis is quite a safe drug with regards to the chemicals, and it has been demonstrated that it is much less harmful than alcohol. You can not really compare cannabis and tobacco because cannabis can be vaporized, which means no plant matter is burnt, which means no smoke. You act as though cannabis smokers sit home and smoke all day, spending every cent they ever had on weed; i smoke twice a week, just like you would do with alcohol.

Cannabis and alcohol are both treats, but it is obvious that people are going to abuse them; although i think there would be a little more alcoholics than cannabis addicts seeing as how cannabis isn't physically addictive.

• It's a double edge sword and was actually illegalized due to political reason. It's an herbal based plant that can have relaxation and pain numbing properties. Like anything in life, if abused it can become bad. Blame the abuser, not the plant itself. Go research some actual fact, google is your best friend, and people on here are tired of citing sources and writing paragraph of information just because you're too lazy too look up medical and historic facts

• chris

I agree inhaling smoke is not a good idea, but that is nothing, repeat nothing compared to the ill effects of alcohol or the body count from tobacco. [Tobacco has killed millions, not thousands].

Concerning illegality, that is a man made construct and does not reflect the inherent properties of the drug. Quite obviously, if marijuana is illegal, so should tobacco be.

The only people profiting from its prohibitiion are criminals and a few moraly bankrupt politicians.

It CAN be good, and it is not as lethal as cigarettes or alcohol. It is helpful for those with certain medical conditions, to ease pain, nausea, and help restore appetite. And personally, I have no problem with people using it recreationally, as long as they do so in moderation. Unfortunately, a lot of people (potheads/stoners) find something they really like to do and then take it to extremes, wanting to do it all the time, and ultimately allow it to take over their lives. This is when it becomes a problem.

I am not against it but I also don't think that people need to smoke it on a daily basis. Just because it hasn't killed anyone doesn't mean that it's good for you. I have nothing against the drug really, just the idiots that smoke it. Stoners get on my nerves. They are obnoxious and boring and are usually the laziest mofos to walk the earth!

Pot heads like to shout about the medical benefits of weed...yes it may have medical benefits for easing pain for cancer patients and glaucoma sufferers, but most of the people who smoke weed have no medical problems. They just need to justify the fact that they smoke all day long.

I agree with ChicagoKid 100%.