Can I get into Indiana University Bloomington?

I will be a senior in high school this fall.

My GPA is a 95.097 (About a 3.8)

SAT: 1060/1600 and 1610/2400

I am in The National Honor Society, World Language Honor Society, and the club Interact.

I do cross-country, winter track, and spring track.

I want to major in nursing. Really a psychiatric nurse practitioner.

Also how much is out of state tuition? (I live in NY)

Favorite Answer

Judging by their admissions requirements, you have an easy in. You should have no trouble at all with getting in. They give priority to those with a 3.0 or above. Middle 50% of SAT was in the 1200s.

http://bursar.indiana.edu/fee_schedule.php

That is the link for the tuition. Quite pricey for out of state. Not sure it is really worth it. Try and see if they will match in state tuition. Schools will do that sometimes for higher end students, which you are.

Probably. If your SAT was higher, you might be able to get an academic scholarship. Out of state tuition and fees are over $30,000 per year. Summer classes are currently less expensive than academic year classes.

FYI, getting into the nursing program is competitive. You would start at IU in University Division (for freshmen) and take pre-nursing classes. If you do well enough, you may be admitted to the BSN program at Bloomington or Indianapolis.