Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 9 years ago

Does runescape give viruses?

My mom thinks it will hurt her computer and its a mac something im not really into computers but its a laptop. I really don't want to mess it up because she would probably get really mad at me.

• Maquis
    Favorite Answer

Runescape itself is fine. It's a legitimate online game from a legit company, Jagex. Your computer won't pick up any viruses on their site.

However, just like any other online game, you'll be chatting with lots of other players ingame and some of them ain't so nice. There are many scammers and phishers ingame that will try and steal your game account so they can sell the gold you've earned ingame. They'll try and trick you into going to their phish sites so they can download keyloggers and viruses to you. Most bots and cheats for Runescape that you see advertised here and ingame also have viruses attached.

2

Source(s): #1 Antivirus For PC - http://moveantivirus.com/?ptTb

What is it with these kids' parents concerned about Runescape giving their computer viruses? I think they're just looking for a way to keep their children from playing. No, it will not give your computer a virus no matter if it's a mac or not. As long as you stay within the site, you're good.

Source(s): I've been playing at least 8 years. Never had a problem.

no but that game does take up a lot of memory with all their updates.. it got worse last october mac players couldnt play anymore

runescape is one of the easiest games to play on a crappy computer, trust me you will be fine.

Source(s): player for 10 years

Not if you get it from directly the manufacture. If you download it from sharing websites or untrusted websites you might get them

i've been playing that for very long and it never gave me a virus.

just never go to websites that people on rs tell you to go to.

Nope i play it sometimes :P