Does anyone else feel really good about their written work right after,?

you feel amazing, like you're the best writer in the world. And then you revisit it after sometime and think it's horrible.

Favorite Answer

Hi friend, with no offense meant at all, if a writer doesn't question their own thoughts before or after putting them to pen, they are delluding themselves.

Writers should be their own harshest critics, and to not revisit a piece asking oneself, "Should I have? Could I have?" is denial. Certainly many pen a piece, even brag, this only took me 5 minutes. Who judges?

There was a female poet, Classical, her name escapes me now, who lived a reletively short life but often edited for 5 years before presenting a piece to publish. One, rather short, about 145 words took her 10 years to be satisfied with. Was that OCD? I can't know, but the result still lives.

• Nouika

That happens to me as well. I've found out though, for me, it's not that the story is horrible. Instead, as I wrote the story, i've improved and so when i go back and review my work fromthe very beginning, the start seems childish compared to the ending.

The real work with wrting begins after you've just finished and when you reread to edit the work.

all. the. time. Once I wrote this story I thought was the best thing I'd ever written ever. And I made the mistake of taking it to my creative writing class the very next day and those people tore me apart so badly I don't even want to go back to the story at all.

Yeah I feel like too. I had this story and was almost finished with it. I read it again n was like this is horrible. I'm not posting this no more

Yeah same after awhile I doubted my story plot