I just finished watching Avatar for the first time. Is this movie Liberal of Conservative? If so, why?

Favorite Answer

Avatar is clearly a progressive Liberal movie. It's message was that we can't assume everything our government says is the truth. That we need to think for ourselves and do the right thing even if it means going against what the majority says we should do. The movie shows that people are more than a face and that love is the most powerful emotion in the world.

I thought Avatar was almost an exact remake of Dances With Wolves. The only difference? Put it on another world and add the sy-fy.

Avatar definitely a movie against corporate greed and militarism (nation building), in fact in the movie corporations and the military are one and the same which is an alarming reality the US is quickly approaching. So that makes it a more liberal movie than conservative..

I think it's highly overrated, I couldn't even watch the whole thing. Now, Titanic another Cameron movie, that is a great movie. Is it liberal or conservative? There were too many soapbox speeches in it.

I find it to be a conservative movie because it encourages the power of the people to stand against a tyrannical government.

Liberal.

it is a hollywood movie.

what else could it be?

It's naturalist, gag-me-with-a-tree stupidity.