Am I suffering from Schizophrenia or am I bipolar?

I might be crazy. Or maybe I'm just suffering from Hormones.

Basically, I go crazy with emotion. I can get tempered easily, and hurt things around me (except my family). I could be feeling bad, text my friend, then just ignore her. She is always calling me bipolar. We argue sometimes, and when she makes me mad a little I attack. I start saying mean things. Then like a day later I would say I was sorry and she would call me a bipolar freak. Then I would attack her again.

The reason why I think I have Schizophrenia is there is this little imaginary thing in my head. It's like I could be watching TV and then look at my dog. Then I would just want to hurt him, but I love him a lot. All of my emotions, like jealousy and regret, would boil up and anything around me would be the victim. My phone, my clothes, my hair, my dog, my food, anything I would just squeeze or slam or throw. Then I tick and realize what I have done and weep about it. Then I'd be like "tomorrow, I will stop hurting things". Then I end up doing it.

Any little thing would get me mad. If a friend had a better laptop then me and would yap about it, I would always be regretful for anything. Every time I have something, she shows no emotion about it.

So basically with Schizophrenia, I feel possessed and can't control it, but I am aware of whatever I am doing. I just am so emotioned up from some thing in my head, I go wild. I love animals, I want to be a Vet. But idk if I can.

I think I'm bipolar because of my random emotions that I have. I could be in a bad mood, then laugh, then wonder why I am doing something. It's crazy.

What do I have?!

This is something I have found time and time again: people jump to conclusions, especially with bipolar and schizophrenia. Mostly bipolar.

I'm not going to try to diagnose you. I'm not a psychiatrist. But, based on my own knowledge and personal experiences with mental disorders, you don't sound like you have either. A hormone imbalance definitely can cause aggression and mood swings and are quite common. I think a lot of people are diagnosed with things when what they really need is their hormones tweaked.

Before jumping to any conclusions, I would talk with a counselor and get their take on it.

Take care

Source(s): has unipolar disorder (similar to bipolar)
  • Anton

Mood swings in bipolar disorder lasts for months, so no bipolar for you. Schizophrenia is way much more than what you think, though neither it is. You are just going mad.

What you describe is not either Bipolar or Schizophrenia. Bipolar moods last for weeks or months and are more severe than what you describe. With Schizophrenia you would be having hallucinations or delusions and none of what you describe is either hallucinations or delusions. You sound like a young teen with no self control but you are not seriously mentally ill.

Everyone has moods like those of Bipolar Disorder....... because everyone has mood swings, momentary loss of judgment, likes to go shopping, likes sex, feels down sometimes, gets angry now and then and is hyper on occasion. The difference is that all of these symptoms in Bipolar are so intense that they interfere with your ability to function. Think of a pole (biPOLEr) with 0 at the center (0 being normal) and 10 at one end (manic) and -10 at the other (deep depression). Most people have swings but stay within 3 to -3. I have fairly severe Bipolar 1 but since my psychosis is mild I go from -9 to 9.... Also depression that comes and goes is not bipolar but just recurring depression, you have to have mania for it to be Bipolar..... you have to go to both ends of the pole.

Rapidly changing emotions or becoming angry or sad easily is not all there is to Bipolar. That is just having emotions. People with Bipolar Disorder do not just change emotions quickly, they go through periods of depression followed by periods of mania or elevated mood. Mood affects everything about you.... your energy level, self esteem, sleep patterns, appetite, sexuality, emotional response, judgment, etc..... not just your emotions. And while rapid cycling is possible, it is rare. The average person with Bipolar only cycles two or three times a year and the moods last for weeks or months. It is considered rapid cycling if they cycle 4 or more times in a year.

While everyone with Bipolar has a different set of symptoms and a different severity of symptoms, this is what Bipolar is like for me:

Depression - too tired to get out of bed, shower, even to brush my teeth. Cry all the time, sleep 16 hours a day. Feelings of self loathing and guilt that drive me to think of suicide but I'm to tired to even think about how to go about killing myself. It makes you feel small and worthless and completely insignificant. It makes you think about how big the world is and how meaningless you are in it..... and it refuses to let you have any good thoughts or see any good things.... when you look in the mirror all you see is pain, you don't even see yourself, you don't taste your favorite foods anymore, see that flowers are blooming, whether or not the sun is out, you become so inward that you hardly even notice your surroundings..... You don't even feel love for people anymore.... positive thoughts are just not possible...... it is a deep dark hole with no way out and no light for hope.... and most of all it makes you feel sooooo alone. And even if there were someone who cared about you they would be better off if you killed yourself....... because all you will ever be is a burden....... this can last from a couple of weeks to a couple of years.

Mania - Way too happy! PARTY GIRL! love drink and drugs. Talk really fast and pressured because my thoughts are going faster than my mouth can keep up with. Hypersexual - like I sleep with strangers and guys I just met on the internet or I masturbate 10 times a day. I once became bisexual because there were twice as many people to sleep with. down load porn and spend tons of money on sex toys. Spending sprees..... I once spent my mortgage money on african violets, yep, $1500 on African violets (then I got depressed and let them all die). Quit my job because I wanted my vacation pay for lottery tickets and I was so convinced I would win that I started shopping and writing bad checks because I'd be rich as soon as the numbers were drawn. Decided that I could replace the furnace in my home by myself... I mean how hard can it be..... Only sleep 2 or maybe 3 hours a night for months on end and never feel tired. In the end I was unemployed, $30,000 in debt, and had almost lost my home, which needed a new furnace because I had removed the old one.. or parts of it anyway. This can last for months.

I also have mixed states when I am depressed and manic at the same time which are truly the worst... By body and mind are depressed but there is this undercurrent of energy running all the time..... I'm highly emotional but the emotions tend to be negative (guilt and anger) I have intrusive thoughts and urges to mutilate myself (like wanting to stick my hands in the garbage disposal or cooking them on the BBQ), and I also have psychotic episodes where I hallucinate. This is when I am most suseptible to suicide because I am depressed, wanting to hurt myself, and I have the mental energy to plan and carry it out.