Will asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 9 years ago

Marine Corps Poolee Question?

I'm a 17 year old Marine Corps DEP Poolee (Marine Corps Reservist). I have one more year left to highschool. My question is, in a time of crisis in the United States can I be called to active duty and shipped to boot before graduating high school? I'm not worried about it happening I was just curious because technically I'm a Marine Corps Reservist, and my recruiter wasn't sure on what would really happen.

And for those of you idiots that think a poolee isn't a reservist you're a retard, cause last I checked I have a contract sitting on the desk next to me that says otherwise. You become a reservist after you go to MEPS and finalize your contract.

Favorite Answer

Are you kidding? The military is trying to get RID of people nowadays. If anything people still doing their reserve time will be called in way before you. You really aren't that important.

• Havoc

Poolees are categorize within the Inactive Ready Reserve.

There are plenty of use in the IRR with training already waiting so I doubt they'll ever call up Poolees.

You guys still need to graduate highschool and be fully "qualified" for duty.

First of all how are you a reservist technically your not even a marine so don't try to act like one I'm not either that is something we need to earn and know they will not send you to bootcamp until your graduate highschool can guarentee that 100%

Source(s): Marine corp poolee

It is technically possible, but short of a third world war, very unlikely. There are many people with high school diplomas they would push through the system before you

You're not a reservist, idiot. You're not a Marine. You ain't ****. No, you can't. You have to have a full hs education before you can go to bootcamp. T

You are in the inactive reserves, same as you'll be when you finish your 4 year AD contract and get out. So, no you won't get called up!

If something that major happens we would mobilize ever one, don't worry about it cause it ain't gonna happen..........