Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 9 years ago

Opinons on Plastic Surgery?

What do you feel about plastic surgery?

No dumbass answers like "NO IT MAKES YOU FAKE DURR". I'll only make fun of you.

In my opinion, plastic surgery has a really bad, unfair rep. I think that no one should be judged for it. If you're unhappy with something about yourself, why not change it?

No, no one needs to get their whole body plasticfied as soon as it's legal, but, like, if they are always getting teased for their nose, why not cut some of it off?

Anyway, it doesn't hurt anyone else. So why do some people get rabid when a celebrity gets some work done?

What I think is ridiculous is LYING about it. Everyone should be open to it. If you can't admit that you want plastic surgery, you're not ready to get it done!

Your opinion?

@Touch'Em I can't argue with you on that, LOL.

@Kalm Yo 'T!ts Actually hun it means I don't want people leaving pointless, retarded answers. Kind of like you just did.

@SUPER PRETTY GORGUS BARBIE 93 Congrats, you wrote the first intelligent answer(: !! Though I don't find anything wrong with Angelina Jolie LOL.

@"Pickle the wise" **** you. Useless *****.

@Morgan I think only features that are definitely "ugly" should be made prettier. Average & above average features should be left alone, so that no one goes overboard(: .

@ E[ffie]l Thanks(: . Heidi is still beautiful but now she looks like a doll. :/ I couldn't have said it better myself.

• Sharon

I haven't seriously considered getting plastic surgery, but if I became rich I would get about 3 procedures done. Not all at the same time. And after the first one, I'd stop and think for a while if I truly wanted to get a second one, because plastic surgery could become an addiction. I think that people who get like 10 procedures done all at once, need to ask theirselves why they're doing it. While Heidi Montag got 10 procedures done and was fine, another person could die from it, and it doesn't matter how old you are. Sun in Virgo, Moon in Virgo, Mercury in Libra.

I don't think it's any different than getting a tattoo or a piercing. I really hate it when people are like "OMGZZZZZ!!! UR SO FAKE!!!!" That's the lamest excuse ever. Sure, they may not have been born with that nose or those boobs, but I'm pretty sure you weren't born with ink injected into your skin, either.

And for those who say cosmetic surgery is a recent invention, it's not. It's been around since the early 1700s. You think the stigma might have lifted by now.

Source(s): Considering plastic surgery to fix a previously broken nose.

I think that if you want plastic surgery, you should only get it for YOU. Take everyone else out of the equation, and remember that it doesn't fix everything. People have a right to get elective surgery if they want to, but I always think that it should look as realistic as possible. Like, no G sized boobies when you're 4' 8" and 90 pounds. ;P

You shouldn't care what people say about you. Why get plastic surgery when in 40 years your just gonna be wrinkly and old. Also plastic surgery never turns out 100% right. Type in plastic surgery fails on YouTube. I wouldn't risk anything like that. I wouldn't have anyone mess with what my body looks like.

God made me look like this for a reason and I'm glad he did!!!!!'

Source(s): My thoughts

Personally I do want it. Why? Because I'm so insecure! There's not a day in my life where I have felt beautiful! But then again, the only person you should impress is yourself! But that's where I faulter, I'm not happy with my body & looks. I read a few books on self acceptance & it really helped me! Even though there are still some things I'm nit happy with, I should be grateful for god giving me what I have!

• Zetsu

Since i want to be a plastic surgeon after i graduate from UC Berkeley and after med school, i think it's a great thing for people to have.

Something people overlook is that, they believe that plastic surgeons will operate on any woman that walks in their office, which isn't true. Part of their job is investigating the patients psyche to determine if their decision to purchase a cosmetic procedure is mentally sound. For example, Woman A wants to get a breast augmentation, because she wears a 32A bra, and wants to have a more significant bust. This is a normal decision because her breasts are well accepted as being small.

If you ever watch the insider, they did a few episodes on this woman named Sheyla Hershey, a brazilian woman who at first lived in Texas and was a 36FFF housewife, and later kept getting operations to get to 38MM for a short time, after having them reduced to give birth to her daughter, than having them enlarged again. Now although this woman desired extreme breast size, this is not what made her mentally disturbed. What is wrong with her is that she continually thought her breasts were too small, despite having them enlarged again and again, which is also called Body Dysmorphic disorder, which is a disorder where one cannot properly see a certain body part for how it exists. This means that even if Sheyla's breasts were enlarged to the size of huge beach balls, she would still think they are too small.

I'm saying this because, its a common belief that only insecure people get plastic surgery, which is not true. As women age, they don't like to have wrinkles or look old, i mean, no one does. Aging symbolizes that you are getting closer to death, closer to the end, closer to the point where you will never exist on earth again. It's only normal to want to feel young again, to feel young fruitful and carefree, where plastic surgery can help you do that.

Personally, any young girls who say plastic surgery is gross because its fake are stating this because they are jealous that plastic surgeons make possibly six to ten times as much as their parents do combined, and the older women who state this do so because they can't afford it.

Source(s): ~Within my head.
  • Trisha

Anything that includes rhinoplasty should be judged in my opinion.

Esp. the nose, because it's the center of our face. If you change it, your entire face can change. I don't mean it if you're only to make your nose taller. I mean it if you want to change your nose structure.

I don't see why people even NEED surgery in the first place. If it's for health reasons, then fine. But other than that, do it naturally

I agree with you :)

As long as you aren't like Heidi Montag, of course. She was a really pretty girl, then got like 500 plastic surgeries and now looks completely fake.

http://images.smh.com.au/2010/08/18/1792341/h10-60...

So, yeah, I agree with ya, as long as the surgeries don't get excessive.

you should just be happy the way God made you, a little bit is fine but the people with the biggest boobs ever kinda give it a horrible rep xD

Agreed with peace.

I think it's only necessary for medical reasons.

Losing half your face and getting it re-constructed is far more important than dolly Parton's chest.