Is it safe to put yourself out on Craigslist?

I want to see if people in my area need some help or want some help with cleaning or some work. I hear Craigslist is a good place, but I'm skeptical about putting my info on Craigslist. Someone have some advice? It'd be much obliged. :)

• Jake
    Favorite Answer

It's much the same as placing a local newspaper advertisement, except people around the world can see it as well. There are scam artists who will try to take advantage in some way, like an "employer" requiring you to get a credit rating before applying, but are in reality affiliate marketers with no real job offer getting a $2 commission for getting you to sign up to the service.

Your anonymity is protected by the Craigslist provided email address, but your reply will give them your real email address, use some common sense, stick to locals, ignore anyone with excuses for "being out of the country at the moment?.

Craiglist is quite safe place for these purposes, so go ahead, unless you'll post there your exact address and specify the place where the duplicate of your keys are stored, or safe code :)

You can do that, but I'd just be cautious of where you go. I'd investigate the area of the location first so you don't get raped, shanked or taken over by cannibals.