Anonymous

Colleges with great personalities?

I feel like if when I go to college, if i'm surrounded by bad substances, and misbehavior, i will follow.

I want to find a school with an outgoing array of students, that are intelligent, active, diverse, etc.

I would like to be in a fraternity, but not a fraternity of stupid jocks that consume their own body weight in beer every day. Im intelligent, and i'm a contender at practically all colleges.

So does anybody know where I can find the college with the best "student personality" per se?

Thanks----------Marshall

• nancy
    Favorite Answer

You might want to consider Clark University in Worcester, MA. You can check out the statistics for it on College Navigator, and you will see that the retention and grad rates are very high, which indicates that most students are very satisfied with the school. It's a fairly small research university that has strong emphasis on community engagement and hands on learning. Try visiting the website--it's a pretty nice school and might be just what you're looking for.

I think my school's pretty good (Truman State University in MO). It's got some idiots, but there's definitely a lot of good people there. There's even a fraternity that's considered the "nerd frat", who do drink a little, but mostly talk and play video games and stuff. There's some real nerdy people (who are awesome, by the way), but there are plenty of normal, yet intelligent, people. It's a state school, so it's fairly cheap compared to private schools, but it's more prestigious than the other state schools in this state, so it attracts some good, intelligent people. Not trying to advertise my college necessarily, but I want to say that those types do exist!

All Fraternities, except for academic ones, are like the ones you described. Plenty of schools have academic Greek life though. None of that Alpha male BS, just volunteer work and looking good on applications.

^ using the word kindergarten in every answer makes people think that you may as well be in it.

I think you're looking for kindergarten