What is the square feet of a shipping container that is 16 feet by 8 feet by 8 feet?

I am thinking about renting a shipping container that has those dimensions and was wondering how much sq feet of room I will have to load it with my junk..BTW what size boxes should I get? I mean I would like all the same size boxes say 2x2 etc. so they fit all snug and neat inside the container.

Favorite Answer

Square feet is a flat measurement, like carpet for a floor or wallpaper for a wall. 16 * 8 * 8 is 1024 cubic feet.

I like the Uhaul packing system. It's designed so that the boxes stack in a cube. One large box has the same footprint as two medium boxes or as three small boxes.

16x8x8 is a volume, square feet is an area measurement. Stick with something less creative, it's safer for someone like you.

FYI -> square feet = 16 * 8

• Mike G

Square feet is an area measure.

The volume would be 1,024 ft^3

square feet measures a 2D surface, you're thinking of cubic feet. to calculate the cubic feet of a rectangular box, simply multiply height width and depth, which are the numbers you've given? you'll remember it better if you do the math yourself :)