Which is the best of them?

Which is the best of the starter cars? By starter cars I mean Toyota Corolla, Ford Focus, Honda Civic, etc. Please don't bring up trucks because it is out if the question. Thanks.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Ford Focus and Honda Civic would be the best of the group, with the Focus being higher in reliability than all of them. I also agree with the other comment that said to get a used version because it will be cheaper and depreciate less.

• 9 years ago

Personally I don't like the little sedans, My first car was a 97 suzuki sidekick, a little SUV with 4WD and got like 29 mpg.

Of the cars you've listed, I haven't driven any, but if you're looking for a little sedan, I have driven a friend's 98 kia Sephia, I loved that car, it got over 35mpg, picks up and drives, nimble.

If the choice is absolutely one of the cars you've listed, I know from working on various makes of cars that frankly Toyota is the best of the japanese cars, so the corolla would be my pick of those

Good luck

Source(s): personal experience
  • 9 years ago

All of those choices are excellent and will work well, especially if you buy a good used example. It'll be cheaper up front and it'll depreciate less over the course of your ownership than if you bought new..

Source(s): Self
  • 9 years ago

I believe most of your list fills the bill. Check out a car magazine or two - compare warranties, milage specs, etc - then go with one that looks good to you, and fits your pocket book.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.