Which is the best of them?

Which is the best of the starter cars? By starter cars I mean Toyota Corolla, Ford Focus, Honda Civic, etc. Please don't bring up trucks because it is out if the question. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

The Ford Focus and Honda Civic would be the best of the group, with the Focus being higher in reliability than all of them. I also agree with the other comment that said to get a used version because it will be cheaper and depreciate less.

Personally I don't like the little sedans, My first car was a 97 suzuki sidekick, a little SUV with 4WD and got like 29 mpg.

Of the cars you've listed, I haven't driven any, but if you're looking for a little sedan, I have driven a friend's 98 kia Sephia, I loved that car, it got over 35mpg, picks up and drives, nimble.

If the choice is absolutely one of the cars you've listed, I know from working on various makes of cars that frankly Toyota is the best of the japanese cars, so the corolla would be my pick of those

Good luck

Source(s): personal experience

All of those choices are excellent and will work well, especially if you buy a good used example. It'll be cheaper up front and it'll depreciate less over the course of your ownership than if you bought new..

Source(s): Self

I believe most of your list fills the bill. Check out a car magazine or two - compare warranties, milage specs, etc - then go with one that looks good to you, and fits your pocket book.