What's the difference between 3G and 4G?

I want a new cellphone, but not sure whether I get 3G or 4G will matter.

Favorite Answer

4G is faster than 3G. If you see a phone that says 4G instead of 4G LTE know that there is a difference. Plain 4G without it saying LTE isn't 4G at all it is HSPA+ which is still faster than 3G.

4g is 3 times faster than 3g

4G is more expensive but it is said to be faster than 3G and the other lower and earlier versions (2G, satellite, wifi, etc.). It is also said that 4G can never hit a dead zone. This means that your 4G phone will never fully lose service. It also makes it easier to send media messages and go on the Internet. I recommend 4G.

4G is in all of the latest smart phones like the new droids and iphones. It is more expensive to buy a phone that has 4g acess but it is very fast, faster than 3g and 1x

Source(s): Owns a phone with 4G

If you plan on using Internet a lot and have 4G service in your area it. Is undoubtedly required

Simply put, 4G is faster. So, yes, it will matter.

4G-3G=1G problem solved!