I.C.U.
I.C.U. asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 9 years ago

Why would my friend buy the same dress I bought for my sons wedding?

I am really mad & kinda in shock....my son is having an outside, not too formal wedding in a couple of weeks. My friend & her husband is invited. She went with me when I went to purchase my dress for the wedding. She informed me today she got her dress this weekend at a different store and that her dress is EXACTLY like mine MINUS the little jacket.....she said it is the exact same style, same color, same length, same rein-stones...in the exact same spot...she said it is identical minus the little jacket....why would she do such a thing.....I no longer want my dress and am looking for the receipt now to bring it back...I am really shocked at her as she is real picky type and if she even THINKS you have a dress like hers she will NOT wear it....so I'm not sure where she's coming from right now by doing this....any input would be appreciated. Thanks up front.

Favorite Answer

Tell her she can't wear that dress your the mother of the groom. You should feel special even though its not your wedding. She seems like the kind if friend that would walk around the whole night saying oh we look like twins.

Hahahahahahahahaha! I though this kind of stupidity only happened in movies and such!

Have you considered the possibility that you're friend is a *****? Or that you're an idiot to be concerned about this when it's your SON's big day?

well this spells mid life crisis because you have a son that getting married and this is all that you are warring about

• muffin

Friend???