Panic attack caused depersonalization.?

Over 3 months ago, I had a severe panic attack that caused me to have the feeling of lifting out of my body and looking at my life through a window. From the panic attack to the strange feeling, it was only a matter of a few hours. Every day I feel like I have to think about everything I look at for it to make sense. It feels like im a zombie, and that I have barely escaped death. Even though now I have nothing to be worried about, the feeling still persists. Empty anxiety sticks with me for no reason. A doctor has placed me on zoloft, but almost 2 weeks and no effect good or bad has happened yet.

Here's some good information for you to know (extracted from this site): www.panic-away.tk "This Is The Key To Being Panic Attack Free... You Must Learn To Break The Fear Of Having Another Panic Attack Or You Will Never Experience Complete Freedom From Anxiety -The anticipation of a panic attack starts the wave cycle of anxiety in motion. -The foundation of a future panic attack is laid hours before you actually experience one. -The slightest stress trigger will then launch the full blown panic attack into motion. -Panic manifests itself in approximately 20 minute wave like formations. This Is Where Your Problem Lies There is one key factor that makes the difference between those who fully eliminate panic attacks from their lives and those who do not. The key ingredient is not medication, lifestyle changes, or relaxation exercises. It is when the individual no longer fears the thought of having a panic attack. This may seem like a simplified and obvious observation but give it careful consideration. The one thing that has you searching for a solution to anxiety and panic attacks this very moment is the fear of having another one. The first time a person experiences a panic attack it can feel like their world is falling down around them. Nowhere feels safe as the anxiety becomes like a stalker lurking in the background. When this happens people begin to either avoid situations that make them anxious or they medicate themselves to the point where they are numb to the fear. I am sure you will agree neither of the above is a satisfactory solution." Extracted from: www.panic-away.tk

Before you get addicted to a medication that may not do much good for you, I would look into cognitive therapy. anxiety sucks. my wife had tried pretty much everything with no luck. She was referred to this website that has a book she loves. It also comes with a guide that helps spouses understand it more to so they dont get all pissed off over it. It really helped. http://www.whydoihaveanxiety.com/ hope this helps.

Zoloft is an antidepressant. Tell him you need something for anxiety. Better yet, get another doctor who knows what he's prescribing.

I think bad.

should be worse

okay :)