Is it illigal for a grandparent, with no physical or legal custody, to take pictures of a one year old naked?

Favorite Answer

How perverted of you to see a problem with it.

It would only be an issue if they were doing it for sexual reasons. Otherwise, it's just cute kid pictures. Lots of people have naked pictures of their kids or grandchildren.

It depends on a few different factors. Does this grandparent have a history of sexual abuse? What is the child doing in the photo? Taking a bath like many people take pictures or is the child just standing there? Does this grandparent make you feel uneasy? A harmless photo is not really illegal... many people take pictures of children without clothing on when they are young. However, if the grandparent was hiding the photo it could have been for personal use and possibly child pornography in which case it should be brought to the police. If you feel unsure then take the child to their normal doctor and have them checked for any signs of abuse. Hope this helps I'm in school for law enforcement.

If you the one that wants to know that because it's your personal experience, then you should ask yourself this, would you press charges to be a dick, or to protect son/daughter from any potentional abuse?. With that being said, legally you can press charges and have a high percentage of winning. I have a tons of baby pictures of myself being a baby naked. I'm glad that people around me that love me took those and now that I'm old I can see how I was when I was a baby. Maybe not to a child molester, but when your a baby it's very different seeing you naked. You think nothing of it as when you see an adult naked. A baby just innocent and it brings out our inner innocents. I have a daughter now and she going to get to see herself as a baby when she grows up I'm sure she gonna be thankful as I am now.

• Police and lawyers would tell you to use common sense to determine if any foul play is at hand.

Lots of children are naked at various times at this young age, and it is common for people to want to capture memories at these moments. Not because the child is naked, but because something fun is happening or something.

However, if you are the parent then ask that they don't take pics of your child when their naked.

No, it isn't. The only times it would be are: (a) the child is engaging in a sex act, or (2) the photos are being sold without permission of the parent/guardian. Otherwise, it is perfectly legal.

It depends what their intentions are for the pictures but most likely they are just taking pictures for memories