is a very old mccormick farmall tractor worth a lot of money to collectors?

my uncle recently bought a peice of land and me and my brother went to explore it and we found a really old mccormick farmall tractor sitting in the deep middle of the woods. im thinking its from around 1940s and seems to be complete except its missing a big tire and a dead tree fell on it and bent the seat and steering wheel really bad. if i can get it out of there, which will be a huge job, i want to haul it off for scrap. but im thinking it might be worth a fortune and if it is, i would try to restore it if i can. im sure its sat in its current location for at leats 30 years if not more. it has a volt gague and a water gauge if that helps you think of its value. tell me what you think its worth. if its nothing ill haul it off and probably get 400 bucks because its ****** huge and damn sure heavy.

• Roddy
    Favorite Answer

There are collectors out there. Having said that it's going to depend on how bad off your tractor is to begin with. Restoration can cost big money. If you could just get it running again it would be worth more than $400.

I've posted a link to a chat board for Farmall tractors. I'm sure there are more as well. Ask the people who know.

Don't scrap it! Even if it can't be restored it will be worth more for parts you could sell than a scrap dealer is going to give you. They most likely will part it out also. Nice find, keep looking around you never know what else you might find.

Source(s): Love looking around old farms