Dead bat in kitchen? ?

The other morning my boyfriend found a bat in our downstairs kitchen dead. We have two cats and the bat didn't look like that the cats got to it. One was in our bedroom all night. I called the health department and they said to get the cats boosted for rabies and I did. But he said that since the bat wasn't found in the bedroom that it didn't need to go for testing.

We just don't know how the bat came in and the guy said that it might have come in with me when I came home late that night. I'm just concerned that it might have bite me and I don't know it. Are bats in new York usually carrying rabies? Please help me I'm driving myself nuts.

Favorite Answer

Maybe it got into the rat baits.

Trust me, if it bit you, you'd know it. You'd have a decent size bite mark for one.

Now i be attentive to that's an previous question in spite of the incontrovertible fact that it nevertheless confirmed up as a severe score Google seek effect. I believe all the advice to deliver your cat to the vet yet all yet one answer surpassed over to point out the main needed ingredient you're able to do IS assemble THE BAT'S physique and bring IT TO THE VET WITH YOU it is ineffective or subconscious . positioned it in a jar or tupperware and poke some air holes interior the appropriate in spite of if it is not ineffective. in spite of if it incredibly is ineffective, i think of you're able to greater advantageous keep it interior the refrigerator till you bypass to the vet yet this i'm not effective approximately. they're going to try the bat for rabies and different pathogens. it incredibly is the terrific thank you to confirm if your cat has been uncovered to rabies. If it is unfavourable for rabies, you get the all sparkling. yet while it does try effective your cat would be quarantined to determine it does not start to show indicators. in case you do not deliver the bat they have not got any way of understanding, and for this reason could desire to enforce an automatic and mandatory quarantine, to err on the edge of warning .

Best case scenario the bat was radioactive and you will transform into batwoman :0

• Chuck

Bats, rats,cats, NY is full of vermin.

Why is this in jokes and riddles?

I'm not asking in a bad way I just wanted to know :3

Get checked out by your doctor ASAP.