My Girlfriend Is smothering me!?

My girlfriend has been living with me and my parents for about 3 - 4 months now,

she has severe depression and anxiety problems but i have helped her with that and she is now getting slightly better (we did almost break up because of her anxiety/depression)

she is a very very sensitive person and i cant talk to her about our relationship without her getting upset and thinking its me having a go at her

she is very smothering and always has to be around me, always asks where i am going when i leave the room and always asks when im going to be home when im at work?

she guilt trips me when im go and do things on my own, like change the oil in my car,

see friends, or even go on the internet when im sitting next to her she wants to kiss and cuddle all the time, and its really getting to me

what do i do??

Favorite Answer

Let her know that you will always be there for her, but sometimes you need your space like every human being does. Tell her that in order to have a healthyy strong realtionship, you guys need time to do your own things. She cant get mad at that, considering you have helped her so much and have been their for her when she needed it the most. Now that she is getting better, before you talk about your relationship, ease up the conversation and let her know beforehand what you what your going to talk about and how you dont want her to get upset before you get into discussion. Good Luck!

Tell her she can either change or you guys can break up.

You, me...everyone. Welcome to the world of women.