Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 years ago

*Ladies* I have bad discharge?!?

I'm 13 years old & have never been sexually active. This started awhile ago, where I have a clear discharge that come from 'down there'. But, it comes like alot & sometimes it will go threw the bottom of my pants. & it stinkkkssss. I'm so embarrassed by it. ): But, I don't want to tell my mom because I don't really feel comfortable telling her that kinda stuff. & I can't go to the health department beacuse she works there. I just wanna know what's going on & how to stop it?!?!?!

Favorite Answer

Do you ever feel a bit of dampness in your underwear and think it's your period, only to find a white or yellowish spot on your underwear? This is vaginal discharge and it's totally normal.

You see, your body produces this female discharge to cleanse and moisten your vagina. And it's a good thing it does, because if the vaginal lining stayed dry, you would be susceptible to vaginal infections!

Vaginal discharge is normal and varies during your menstrual cycle. Before ovulation (the release of the egg), there is a lot of mucous produced, up to 30 times more than after ovulation. It is also more watery and elastic during that phase of your cycle. You may want to wear panty liners during that time.

The things to be worried about include if the discharge has a yellow or green color, is clumpy like cottage cheese, or has a bad odor. If worried, see a doctor.

Different Types of Discharge

White: Thick, white discharge is common at the beginning and end of your cycle. Normal white discharge is not accompanied by itching. If itching is present, thick white discharge can indicate a yeast infection.

Clear and stretchy: This is "fertile" mucous and means you are ovulating.

Clear and watery: This occurs at different times of your cycle and can be particularly heavy after exercising.

Yellow or Green: May indicate an infection, especially if thick or clumpy like cottage cheese or has a foul odor.

Brown: May happen right after periods, and is just "cleaning out" your vagina. Old blood looks brown.

Spotting Blood/Brown Discharge: This may occur when you are ovulating/mid-cycle. Sometimes early in pregnancy you may have spotting or a brownish discharge at the time your period would normally come. If you have spotting at the time of your normal period rather than your usual amount of flow, and you have had sex without using birth control, you should check a pregnancy test.

Female Discharge—Normal Female Discharge

Normal discharge is clear, smooth, or creamy and has a very slight smell that can be described as sweet or soapy. Sometimes if it gets in your underwear and gets exposed to air it may turn a little crusty, but this is normal too. The only thing you should look out for is discharge that is itchy, irritating, discolored, or smelly, because this might be a sign of infection and a reason to see your doctor.

Female Discharge—When Female Discharge Happens

You'll probably produce more discharge in the middle of your menstrual cycle a couple weeks after your period. This is when you're ovulating (your ovary is releasing an egg). If you're sexually active, you'll probably notice that when you're excited your body produces more discharge. This is your body's way of lubricating your vagina for intercourse.

• ?

It sounds like you've got Bacterial Vaginosis. Do not fear, it is simply an contamination that is really more fashioned than yeast infections in females. The tremendously fishy smelling discharge is the predominant symptom of this contamination. I'd advocate that you go to the doctors to be certain and then they'll prescribe you a prescription known as Flagyl which is a pill you take twice a day for every week. I know it will also be embarrassing and make you consider self conscious about yourself when you consider that of the scent, however please go as quickly as that you may, if left untreated BV can purpose pelvic inflammatory ailment

Don't listen to the boy. -_-

I had the exact same problem not too long ago. Lucky it went away though! I was super embarrased by the smell and so self concious. But wearing panty liners in my underwear helped soooooo much. It absorbed it and the smell. Try those but if it doesnt go away in a few months, it could be something worse. I know i's embarassing to talk to your mom about these things, but sometimes its for the better. Hope I helped you. :)

I have the same problem don't worry it's quite normal:) it helps your vagina to wash out any bad things inside, but just because you have discharge doesn't nevessarily mean you have bad stuff inside. Like the other answerers said, wear a pantyliner! It helps sooo much with the odor and just the icky feeling.

Usually, excessive odour is a sign of infection, either yeast, or bacterial. the only real way to find out is to get a doctor to check it out. you should try to talk to your mum about this it is hard to do, I had to myself before but as you get older it becomes so much easier and if she works in the health department even better! you wont have to get a stranger to talk to about this :)

and dont be so embarrassed things like this happen to all of us at some point

Source(s): 17 years on planet earth :P

Were panty liners wash ur vag daily good luck also dark pants

Source(s): Me