Jazmin
Jazmin asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 years ago

Is it normal to faint while on your period?

A few days ago I woke up and I was on my period, so I walked around in my room looking for clothes, then I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and I felt bad cramps and nausea, so then my vision sort of blacked out, like when you close your eyes in the sun, that's how it seemed to me. I couldn't see anything, so I somehow walked to my room and fell down, and I yelled and then my mom gave me orange juice and I got better. Is this normal, or am I diabetic? I hope not though... 10 pts for best answer and thank u:P

Favorite Answer

everybody's body is different, but yes it's possible. i've fainted once from it and my mom brought me some water and i was fine so its definitely possible. i wouldn't worry too much about it unless it happens again.

Although it's never happened to me, i could see where this could happen from time to time. If you were weak and didn't have much food or nutrients, it could be from unusual eating habits combined with the loss of blood.

You should see your doctor if it happens again, but just be sure to have plenty of protein, water, and vitamins; and just be sure to have the proper amount of carbs and sugars in your body!

I'm glad you're okay and i hope it doesn't happen again! :)

You probably lack iron and/or anaemic. Eat well before your next period, iron-rich, food and see if you have the same symptoms. If you do then go to a doc.

It is not normal to faint although it is common with gorls.

no