Religion and Spirituality: Do you come to this section to get spiritual enlightenment?

To find your path through inspiration from others ?

Favorite Answer

No, this entire section is 99% trolling. There is no enlightenment here.

*drink*

"Do you come to this section to... "

This year I’m keeping a count of how many times *I* see this get asked.

Seventy !

This sounds distinctly like the VERY OLD 'why do I come here?' question.

*drink*

****************************Apply what pertains to you ;) **********************

This gets ASKED SO OFTEN I prepared a list - what do you think of it ?

1. *drink*

2. Cos we can.

3. For teh LuLz.

4. How about ‘know thy enemy’?

5. I find religion totally fascinating…

6. And, I find the followers even more so.

7. Entertainment (mine) - Education (yours)

8. AND, cheap points are nothing to scoff at, huh?

9. Who else would answer all the questions aimed at atheists?

10. Religion permeates all of our lives whether we like it or not.

11. A-theism is NOT a religion but it IS a valid religious position.

12. The cats banned us from their section... cos we aren't cats(get it?).

13. Coming here, always makes me feel smarter-saner than I really am.

14. IF rational arguments worked on religious people there’d be no religious people.

15. No one does boolshit quite like Kent (is that how you spell it?) Hovind and his ilk.

16. I'm thinking... hang on a mo'… girlfriends cost more than hookers and wives cost more than both … sorry I was thinking about something else.

17. Cos religion is the enemy of reason – it’s not harmless, innocent, blameless, sunshine and goodness – we can NOT ignore atrocities committed daily in the name of invisible sky primates… http://kuro-kuro.org/archives/1903

18. Kid, if you and your people didn't go to such extraordinary lengths to try to convince me and my people that all that imaginary little cosmic chappie stuff was anything more than primitive superstition, you and your people would probably never hear from me and my people... just saying.

19. I come here to study the effects religious memes have on the minds they inhabit-control – it’s like a meme zoo.

20. The atheist created everything and when everything became too scary he invented religious fantasies to hold FEAR of death at bay - he was here for the beginning - he'll be here for the end ;)

21. George H.W. Bush: No, I don't know that Atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God.

22. You'd have to wonder why I get TUs with this answer - I reckon I cover it all - obviously the fact I'm not afraid of imaginary monsters in de sky scares some people ;)

~

• Sol

Even someone like me, who takes spirituality seriously, hardly comes here to philosophize. I'm here for the lulz.

Not really. There isn't much of it to be found here, unfortunately. But this place is still fun. And maybe at least sometimes my answers can make a positive difference to someone. At least that is what I keep hoping. :)

No, I come to this section to do unto atheists what most are unwilling to do.