can you join the marines with a GED?

Alright , so im planning joining the marine cor very soon ive thought about for awhile now. I did most of my research online. I looked into all the other Branches Navy , USAF , Army and USMC as well . I think the Marines will suit me better then any of the branches . It will toughen me up more then ill ever imagine . But , my only problems are getting a GED or HS diploma . I am now 20 turning 21 in Oct . Is the marines a all around thing or what . Btw can i go in with tattoos ?

Yeah, rather end severe college. actually, the GED examination is incredibly hard besides. as nicely, a severe college degree supplies infinitely greater possibilities with your existence even if you end with the Marines. Jobs continually seem down on GEDs... by way of fact you in reality merely supply up college by way of fact ...nicely, by way of fact youre a quitter. college may well be much greater not worry-free to get into.

The tatoo policy , is pretty clear cut and is enforced. No tatoos above your collar line, on your face, on the back of the hands. Tatoos can not be seen while in uniform, so even ones on the forearms are technically not allowed as your arms would be bare in short sleeved summer uniforms. Makeup is not allowed to cover them..you either have them removed or you can't enlist. Now some may be able to be waived, but only a recruiter can tell you if that could apply.

Edit; I found another source telling me something different:

While tattoos in themselves are not a disqualifying factor, the Air Force does not accept applicants with body art that could be interpreted as obscene or offensive. Tattoos must not be "excessive," defined by the Air Force's recruiting website as covering 25 percent or more of a body part, and cannot detract from a member's professional appearance in uniform. Violations of this policy will result in the recruiter turning the applicant away until the offending tattoos are removed.

http://www.ehow.com/about_6618642_do-air-force-rec...

• Mrsjvb

no.

the only branch that is currently accepting a MINUSCULE number of GEDs alone is the Army.

all other branches require 15 100 level college credits.

as for tatts.. number, size, location and type will play a factor.

No, if you have a GED you'll need 15 college credits at the 100 level or higher.

I have a buddy who did, but I'm sure it was probably with a waiver. This was back in like '08, though. I don't know about now.

all your answers will come from the Marine recruiter....The rules change as time goes on...talk to the recruiter....he has all the answers..............good luck...and get in shape before you go in....makes life a lot easier

of course you friggin idiot, they take what they can get, they should go to skid row and make a skid row battalion, to fight infront of the regular marines, anyways my two cents for your two points. good luck kid.

Source(s): united states real admiral, i mean, rear