Kids today don't simply "go outside and play" anymore, do they?

I remember all I wanted to do was go to the park and play with the neighborhood kids, and my parents would literally let me go there alone and they would come back to get me home when it gets dark.

Now there are too many pedos lurking around.

This was only 10 years ago. I'm 16 now

I've only started wondering about this when I asked my little niece if she wanted to walk to the park with me and my dog and go to the playground.

But no, gotta play with the iPad.

Yeah there is the whole new technology problems but I would say about 2-3 years ago I was getting together with two girls on my street often and playing outside and going to the park or just running around outside, we often went inside though to play. Before that there were two other girls but they turned 12 and that was it same with me now that I think about it. I see kids playing outside all the time but maybe not as much :(

It depends. I grew up in the 90's where I was outside all the time but there are some kids (my neighbors for example) that still go out and play. It just depends if they're technology obsessed who stays indoors with their PS3, Wii or whatever or if they their parents actually do stuff with their kids like take them to parks and play with them, a lot of parents now just plonk them in front of the television and are to be frank just lazy at parenting.

• Traamo

I'm 26, and you definitely have less of it now than you used to when I was a kid. People have too many distractions now. It's only going to get worse from here.

I am perfectly satisfied without all those fancy gadgets. I have a regular cheap cell phone and that is it. I still use a map and I play games on my computer and ps3, not a phone.

Well, it is dark and I live in a rural area so I can't really go to a park now can I?

Plus - I am 16 so you know how I look when I go a runnin' to the swings.

• Shart

Your parents obviously didn't care about you that much if they let you stay out until it was dark when you were 6. There were pedophiles 10 years ago, there'll be pedophiles in 10 years.

Odd girl, because my cousins can't stop playing outside when I come over, not trying to be harsh but I'm actually glad that they're active.

Fraid not :/