Why is it better to break up in person?

I don't get it. My girlfriend lives hundreds of miles away so I have to make that long trip all the way over there just to break up? Also, she is a very emotional girl so she will cry in public. Surely I should break up over e-mail?

Why is it better to break up in person?

Favorite Answer

If you care for her when you were together, for the good times you shared, even if things went sour, or you found someone else, or you just don´t want the same things, you´ll go and man up in her face you should clean and plain lay out that you don´t think it would be better for you to remain together. Stop with **** like it´s not you, I’m confused… because if you won´t make a clean cut then you´ll have extra baggage… Personally I don´t believe in staying as friends since that makes more mess and confusion along the road. Just don´t bullshit her, and don´t take her to a fancy place… you can save money and the drama, before you go out, try to sit on her living room and just tell her… then you go back to you home and unplug your cell. Good luck… I hope you won´t regret this.

It's because over txt makes them feel like crap n also worthless n it'll ruin a chance of a friendship.

If i were u then call n say that u two need to talk about something serious asap n if she could meet u halfway. N if she ask say it's better in person but keeps bugging tell her n say your so sorry it's why u wanted to do it in person. So shell end up felling better after she gets over it cause your intentions were good.

You're not obligated to break-up in any particular way. Breaking up via phone call, text or email is just very impersonal. It makes it seem like the whole thing didn't matter. Do it however you feel most comfortable, making sure you will not regret it in the end.

People say it's better in person because over message it seems like you're scared and its pathetic. even though that might not be the case.

Via e-mail or text is cowardly. Buck up and face your problem's face face to face.

Source(s): Face.

It's not necessarily "better", but it's more respectful.