Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 9 years ago

Do you like or hate modern pop music and why?

Forgive me if I'm missing an "s" here and there, my new laptop's keys aren't exactly broken in yet, and the "s" is being fairly stubborn.

I, myself, hate modern pop music. Unless its Japanese pop music, which, still has some real singing and isn't all about ******* some guy you just met at a bar.

Earlier today, I was in my car, and my sister turned on the radio. Some song called "Starships" by Nicki Minaj wa on earlier.

Here's what I heard:

Jump in my hoopty hoopty hoop

I own that

And I ain't paying my rent this month

I owe that

But f-ck who you want, and f-ck who you like

Dance our life, there's no end in sight

Twinkle, twinkle, little star

after that single verse, I slammed the "off" button on that radio.

Modern pop muic ha taught my sister a ton of words someone her age shouldn't know (she just turned 10, and already knows 90% of all swear words.)

Not only that, but my sister automatically deems my J-POP (Japanese pop music... Which, YES, IT IS BETTER, and NOT all about making out with every guy you meet) as dorky, lame, and boring. She says she can't understand a single word they're saying, and she can understand english. This is what many people say about foreign music, yet, they don't even pay attention to a song's meaning when it's in english!

Sorry, this is turning into a rant about jpop...

Anywhoodle... I hate modern pop music, but I can tolerate KPOP (korean pop), JPOP (Japanese pop), Michael Jackson (MJ is NEVER NOT MODERN!), and "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz because... Well, I dunno, that song's just a good party song, I guess.

Is it me, or does this seem like some sort of mind-control device that my mind is immune to?

What are your thought? Do you like or hate pop muic and why?

Favorite Answer

Some modern music is ok...Nicki Minaj just sucks... I like Kelly Clarkson. But yeah I like KPop and JPop soooo much better! I feel that modern music is all about sex, and drugs. And about 90% curse words. Yep Kpop is awesome!!! :D

• Rita

Since 2000 there have been too many fads, pop artists, and computerized songs to count. No matter how long the lasted the eventually fell out of style, but rock, rock has lived on for over half a century. Why? Because there are still those who believe in music's golden era. LONG LIVE ROCK AND ROLL \m/>.<\m/

I hate J-pop (I'm half japanese, so I know what you are talking about) and crap on the radio.I get weird looks when my music is turned up loud(you aren't alone), but i don't care because i like it.Music on the radio is repetitive and you realize all the lyrics are about love,sex,money,status, and catchy phrases.You might want to know that radio hits are determined with brain scans of teens listening to new music, if the pleasure sensing part of their brains wobble, the song is released into the radio.0.o

Source(s): I'm just another teen who does a little research and digs to find good music.

It's incredibly repetitive, shoved down our throats and the lyrics rarely have a lot of substance. The only possibly redeeming factor is that it's catchy, and even then that's not necessarily a good thing. Herpes, chlamydia, swine flu and the black plague are also pretty damned catchy and I'll be avoiding them too.

I sincerely apoloigize for what my generation of youth has done to music..

Its horrible.. I cant stnad any of it! The stupid rappers who supposely have talent( NOT!) i cant stand it at all.

Im more into rock.

My suggestions to you, check out the bands: Rise against, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, The Bravery and Sum 41 (:

• YaNa

I dislike but right now, I just found a group that I like and that would probably the end of music in my life when they stop making music.

I like a few songs on the radio but I dislike most of it.

• Traamo

I don't want to say hate, but I dislike pop music of all decades. Just not my thing. I like rock music best.

• You have no idea.

I detest all pop music. 60s pop, 70s pop, 80s pop, 90s pop, 2000s pop, modern pop... kpop, jpop, any kind of pop... I HATE POP MUSIC.

edit: Fedora Man, you've got to be kidding. Go look up GG Allin. Or the Butthole Surfers. It will blow your mind. Pop music is pathetic because it's mainstream, unoffensive crap. True art *should* offend you. If you're not offended, confused, or angry, it's not good art.

God, I sound like such a ****ing hipster sometimes.

I wouldn't say I hate it exactly, it's just not my favorite. But I tolerate it because there's only that on the radio and I don't have an mp3 or anything.