Is it normal for kids under 18 to play rated M games?

I'm asking this put of curiosity cause me and my friends are going to 7th grade, and the three of us have rated M games, I have dead space 1 and 2, and left 4 dead 2, and my friends have games like battlefield bad company 2 and prototype. So is it normal to have those games? By the way, my parents bought those games for me (without hesitation).

Favorite Answer

yes I started playing Halo at 5 yrs old

• Eric B

It's never been rare for minors to play M-rated games, even in the days of Doom and Quake. If both you and your parents are comfortable with what you are being subjected to (which surprises me with L4D2.. that game's CRAZY gory, it disturbs even me sometimes), then I see no issue.

If your parents don't even pay attention to the ratings and content, then we have an issue.

• Erika

sure they are violent. sure, young little ones comprehend the version between delusion and fact. No, that doesn't propose they must be uncovered to even delusion violence at a youthful age. We did not enable violent video games in our living house while our son grow to be decrease than sixteen. yet all of us comprehend he performed them at acquaintances' residences (in lots of circumstances found out after the fact), and we even constrained the quantity of time he ought to spend at particular of those residences. there grow to be one interest especially that worried me - Grand theft automobile, because of the fact it in contact brutal violence against women human beings. We talked to him approximately it. He performed it besides. he's a youthful guy now, merely approximately waiting to graduate from college. He nevertheless performs video games - not GTA, yet others wherein the purpose is to kill human beings. yet he's between the least violent and maximum thoughtful human beings i comprehend. I even have never seen him handle all of us, male or lady, with disrespect. He has never been in contact in a combat or the different form of violence in the actual international. i might could desire to assert that throughout his case, the video games did no harm by any ability. yet that ought to have some thing to do with the undeniable fact that we constrained the time he spent on them and expressed our reliable disapproval of violence.

I would find it abnormal if there were no kids playing M rated games.

totally normal

If ur parent got u them then yeah it's fine

As long as they are "Mature" enough... That would be the parents discretion.

vey common

yea, nothing wrong with it. but something is wrong when you start playing them at 18.