Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 9 years ago

Are vests too formal for a guy to wear to school?

I'm going to college next year and I've been thinking about purchasing a vest or two as part of my back to school shopping. I wanted to know if wearing a button up shirt with a vest, tie, and jeans looks too formal for a college setting. What about a vest over a regular t-shirt with jeans?

Also, I wouldn't be wearing a vest everyday or anything. It would just be once in a while.

Favorite Answer

Well if you do it without the tie and with jeans it would look cute for once in a while (:

A vest over a reg t-shirt and jeans would look very nice :) but not to dressed up for school. Just don't wear it everyday! It's hot when a guy tries to put a little work into what they wear. I dont suggest the tie tho. Thats a little too much :)

It's all about how you carry yourself. I wear ties, vests, cardigans, chinos, and blazers to school (HS senior) erryday. If you're confident (not cocky), people won't give care. In my experience, they respect me more if I dress respectably. So go for it. Just be confident and rock that vest.

Too formal imo

• Mikey

buttoned = too formal

unbuttoned = casual

Source(s): im a guy and i wear vests to school too