Why doesn't Lamborghini compete in sports-car racing?

Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus, Audi, etc. all compete. Why not the Holy Grail of all sports cars?

Favorite Answer

They do. At least, privateers and non-factory teams campaign Lamborghini GT cars in many race series throughout the world.

Also, Lamborghini isn't the Holy Grail of sports cars. What gave you that idea?

Source(s): Self
  • Shakah

They cost a **** load to repair and maintain just for an average Joe to drive and could you imagine the debt a racing team will go into racing them and then getting the expensive parts to keep it on the track? A stock car is $200,000 and a Lamborghini without any racing engines cost roughly the same. If you put the racing engines and whatnot into the car, it will jack it up to $400,000 and I think they want to cut their losses. Had a neighbor that had one and he damaged it and it cost him several thousand dollars just to fix something on it that would have costed me $700 to fix on my piece of junk.

Because they aren't racecars, the Dodge Viper in a roadrace would dominate it.

i personally think they too gorgeous & expensive to race considering they could get crashed D; lol .