Can a person go back to jail after being bonded out?

I just recently bonded a good friend of mine out of jail for a failure to comply with their communtiy service, and they have a court date coming up. I was just wondering if when they make the court date if they could go back to jail for any reason....

Update:

his sister committed the same crime with him and was found guilty of the charge also. She served 10 days in jail and the charges were dropped on her where as he only served 3 days. both were bonded out.

Update 2:

his sister committed the same crime with him and was found guilty of the charge also. She served 10 days in jail and the charges were dropped on her where as he only served 3 days. both were bonded out.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

your friend could end up back in jail for a number of reasons.

1 - Not showing up to court will result in a police warrent for their arrest

2 - Going to court and then being found guilty of an offence and then being sentenced to a jail term

3 - Committing another offence

Source(s): I worked with the legal system
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

it may well be as much as the jurisdiction that common the bond. i think of one undertaking of bail it fairly is almost standard is that bail may well be denied or revoked if the accused is shown to be a flight threat or a possibility to the community or himself. If it fairly is real of Indiana and that i replaced into the reviewing choose i'd make that decision consistent with why the guy replaced into locked up in yet another county. If it replaced into an armed theft, carjacking, a mugging or some thing of that nature, i'd revoke. besides the incontrovertible fact that if it replaced into for an extraordinary parking fee tag, J walking, spitting on the sidewalk, or some thing like that I in all possibility would proceed the bail. you probably did leave out a pair of issues it may well be intense-high quality to understand. Like what's he on bond for and why is he at the instant locked up?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Sure, if found guilty adn the judge sends them to jail. If they commit another crime or if, before court, they violate the terms of the bond.

• Jim
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Of course they can. generally community service is part of a probation adjudication and since he failed to meet the stipulations of his probation he can be sentenced to whatever the original crime warrants, usually a misdemeanor is less than a year in jail and felonies can draw prison terms. Also bond can be revoked in cases where the person's status changes and they are believed to be a flight risk or a physical threat to harming themselves or others.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

do you realize if he does not show up for court you will forfeit the money you put up and the rest of the bond

say you put up $500 for a $5000 bond if he don't show you lose the $500 and they come after you for the $4500

hope you don't get screwed by the loser little lady

• Yes the bail bonds will have to get a Signater from the juge . but a lot of thing go into play as well your checking in.have you been brech of your contract

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.