Is it possible to hide birthmarks with makeup? how?

Favorite Answer

I think birthmarks are beautiful, no matter what they look like. But if you really want to cover them, I suggest using a solid concealer (concealer pen- it looks like lipstick) followed by a liquid concealer, followed by a light powder. That's something I've heard really works. :) Good luck!

Many make-up companies make an opaque make-up base. (Opaque means you can't see through it so it covers the birthmark.) It goes on like any ordinary make-up base. The trick is to color match it with your regular make-up and skin tones.

Often theatrical make-up will offer cover-up creams as well.

Start by asking people at the make-up counters at department stores near you. They can show you what they have and how to apply it. And they would probably give you samples to try before investing. Then if you want to pursue this further, you have a basis for comparison with other types of make-up.

It's all in the application. Contrary to popular belief, you have to eat the concealer. Trust me.

• Tiana

Concealer & Foundation .

Try concealer, or maybe an "airbrush" foundation, if all else fails, just be yourself, hope this helps you!

• Lucy S

Yeah it is called concealer.