Netflix charged me for free trial?

I just got a free trial for netflix for a month today. It CLEARLY stated that I wouldn't be charged at the start of the month....and here it is of course on my account "pending netflix 8.78"

And the worst part is, it says I still haven't activated my account cause so I can't watch movies and they took my money.

WTF

Favorite Answer

I am VERY Sorry to hear that!

A certain friend of mine really avoided free trials because sometimes there are always hidden agenda comes with it.

I think finding promos in the internet for free Netflix Subscription would be a better idea. Just like what my friend did. In that way, you wont lost any dime. However, I guess the Netflix free 1 year Subscription only applies to US Resident only at the moment.

Just be careful though of some misleading and fraudulent promos!

Again, My Sincerely Sorry with what transpired to you now with Netflix

-Missy

• kuhle

Netflix Free Trial

• keetch

Netflix Trial

Same thing happened to me approximately a week ago, I went on the website, cancelled the subscription 2 days before the trial ran out, but now I have just gone back on to the Netflix website to see why I have been charged, and apparently I didn't cancel the subscription and now I'm going to be charged another £6 in 1 months time for a service i'm not even using, a total of £12 for what I thought was a 'free trial' . . . Netflix are robbing ***** in my opinion :)

I had this same problem. Netflix does an authorization charge on your account to make sure your card is real which depending upon your CC company, it is only a pending charge or refunded later. https://help.netflix.com/en/node/27

This is usually done within a few business days and thus one should not worry about it until maybe a week or two later. Apparently it can take up to 30 days for a refund as well. In my case I never received a refund. After about 5 weeks in total, I checked my account billing info and no refund had been issued. I contacted Netflix through their online chat and it was resolved in less than 5 minutes (I was logged into my account when I did it too).

More or less, if something went wrong and you waited over 30 days, contact them via online chat or phone and hopefully it ll be taken care of just as quickly. I just did it a few minutes ago, so if something goes wrong, I will come back and update this post. If not, assume all went well.

I just got off the phone with Netflix trying to get them to refund the money that they charged my account when I canceled the Free Trial two weeks into it. Netflix would not refund the money. They charged me for the Free Trial even though I canceled two weeks after starting the Free Trial of 30 days. Do not give Netflix your credit card number & Do not fall for the so called Free Trial, which is not Free after all. They just rip you off and take your money. They only care about money, and not the customer. My advise is to stay away from Netflix.

I recently got charged for my free trail but it was weird it came up as netflix has charged £0.00 then it charged £7.49 immediately after, I call the company up and apparently it only allows one free netflix account a year on the household so if you have had another netflix account activated or even used in your household it will skip the free trail, but I explained over the phone I was just testing if it would work using a friends account before I bought it and they were completely understanding and offered me a full refund or a my new month would be free. So to some up if you have had another netflix account used in your home it would skip the free trail unless you call and clear it up.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awTTH

It was just just a mistake. U shouldn't have canceled your account. You should have just called them. Netflix is usually pretty good at correcting those mistakes if u call them. In fact they probably would have given you another free month. It also all depends on when you signed up. The free trial is only for a month, so you could have gone past your free trial period.

God you all are so retarded. It's an authorization hold to make sure the card you gave them isn't fake. It will fall off in 3-5 days. It's only a " pending " charge. If you're truly signing up for the first time, and it goes from pending to posted then you were charged. If it vanishes from pending in 3-5 days you were NOT charged. Is this your first credit card? This is credit card and free trial 101.

• b1235 years agoReport

Thank you

Unfortunately all the above solutions posted above are relevant, as is this one:

They offered me a free trial, but upon activation on my Playstation 3 console, it recognized that my console had been previously used to access other accounts before. This "voids" the free month subscription in order from Netflix to avoid people taking advantage of their services. I called customer service, told them of my situation with my very legitimate reasons as to why my PS3 was used before, and they credited my account within minutes. Apparently there are dozens of reasons why they may charge for the first "free" month, but at least in my case, it was incredibly easy to fix.

Hope this helps some of you.