PS vita wi-fi VS. PS Vita 3G?

I am thinking about getting a playstation vita but dunno which model to get. Do any games require 3G connectivity? Do online multiplayer games require 3G connectivity (Call of Duty when it comes out or Burning Skies example)

Favorite Answer

I feel the wifi version is a better deal to go for. If you have wifi at home than why go for 3G.

• Alan B

The Wifi version is the better deal. Wifi is what handles online multiplayer, the 3G doesn't. 3G is meant more for Facebook, IM, and other light stuff. 3G can't handle online multiplayer (it's too slow), which is what you're referring to with Call of Duty. The Wifi can handle all of the above, everything I've mentioned. Just with Wifi you're stationary, you can't roam around outside your house with Wifi. With 3G you can (but this is not necessary at all).

Also, the 3G service plans are as follows: $14.99 for 250MB, and $29.99 for 3GB of downloaded data, per month. So you see it's very expensive. No games require 3G that I know of. You'll be fine with just Wifi.

the difference is that with one, you need wifi to go on the internet, but with the other you can go on anywhere, but you need to pay monthly (or yearly) for the 3G. i'd recommend the wifi if you have wifi connectivity in your house, and the 3G if you don't