Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Why aren't I losing weight?

Hi, so I'm hoping to lose 15-20 lbs. I am twenty. I have been eating well, as in vegetables, chicken, and I drink only water. Also, I stay away from coffee, soda, tea, alcohol, junk food, ice cream, candy, etc completely. However, nothing has changed in my body. I work out a little, but not a lot. I've heard that diet is mostly the key to weight loss, and I make sure I am eating enough, while also not eating too much. I've been doing this for a few months. Why am I not losing weight?

• Sara
    Favorite Answer

The formula for weight loss: Calories in < calories lout. You need to exercise to lose weight; where you get your calories does not matter for weight loss.

It's because you are not working out. You lose weight by burning more calories than you take in. You are eating the right amount to not lose weight, but also not to gain weight. If I were you, I would run a few times everyday, and also eat a few hundred calories less a day. About 3500 calories make up a pound, so if you eat 500 less calories a day or burn 500 callers or more a day, you should be losing about 1 pound a week, keep up the work!

• Jade

Maybe you're not counting your calories correctly. Eating healthy is only one part of losing weight through your eating habits - you also need to not eat too many calories. If you don't exercise much, aim for 1500 calories a day. 1200 at the minimum. If that still doesn't work, try working out more. Good luck! :)

Weight loss can be challenging because sometimes it is not as easy as calories in vs. calories out.

Sometimes we do all the right things and the body needs a little bit of a kick start. Certain supplements can be very effective in boosting metabolism and burning fat.

Recently Dr. Oz was praising the benefits of using raspberry ketones for weight loss. I think it's worth giving it a try: YOU-CAN-LOOSE-WEIGHT-NOW.COM

Well,exercise is important too ,i recommend to try Insanity ,it'll help you build some muscles and Lose weight , try not to eat alot too

Good luck :D

Having less than 1 200 calories a day may slow down your metabolism

switch out your beef patty for a veggie burger

replace your scale with a tape measure aim for 32 1 2 inches or less for women and 35 inches or less for men

walk a toy poodle for 41 minutes at 2 miles per hour

alternate between cat pose cow pose and downward dog 13 times holding each for 30 seconds