What is the best way to clean my tile top table?

I just got a tile top table. I assume it's ceramic tile and the grout is a little dirty. Every time I just clean it off with a wet washcloth, I get hair spread all over that was stuck in the grout. How do I clean this? Do I treat it just like any ceramic tile that would be in your bathroom or floors?

• Anne M
    Favorite Answer

Wash all over with warm soapy water then pour some bleach on the grout. Leave for 10-15 min then scrub the grout with an old toothbrush. If the grout is still discoloured you can "draw" over it with a grout pen which is available at a hardware store. I believe you can seal the grout with something similar.

Once this is done just treat the same as any other ceramic tiled area.

Tile For Table Top

What color is your grout? If it is white then you can use bleach to get it white - just soak it for a few minutes and scrub it with a soft brush. Repeat the process if needed. Rinse well with warm water. For the final touch and to make your tile look spanking new use Powglass - the high definition glass cleaner. it will make it look crystal clean. you can buy one online at www.powglass.com

Source(s): www.powglass.com

Just mix a little amount of bleach with dishwashing detergent and brush it in the direction of the grout lines with a laundry brush. then wipe it up with a damped clean cloth. Be careful about your cloths and NEVER to mix ammonia with bleach! Should be safe to eat in it unlike bathroom detergents.