Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

I'm a 14 year old girl. . . how do I discover my spiritual gifts?

Hi. My name is Emily and I am 14 years old. The bible says (this is not a quote) that everyone has at least 1 spiritual gift. I want to serve God, but i don't know what my gift(s) is/are. How do i discover it?

thank you everyone :)

Favorite Answer

What exactly is meant by the term 'spiritual gift'?

• __

I am sure that you have a spiritual gift, the bible says that the fruits of the Holy Spirit are 'love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, and faith' (Galatians 5:22) The ultimate spiritual gift is Yeshua Christ the Son of God who died for all our sins so that whosever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. Also, I don't think EVERYONE has a spiritual gift, only those who the LORD God has given these gifts unto.

The first commenter is quoting a false Bible version --the KJV is the first Bible translated into English and the only true Word of God, and also this first commenter distorts God's words and intentions. Don't be fooled by lies, 'Let God be true but every man a liar.' (Romans 3:4)

Source(s): KJV Bible

Good Evening Emily.

You are a wise girl so seek information so that you may serve God. I'm not sure how much study you have done on this subject but I encourage you to review Ist Corrinthians Chapter 12.

To summarize the chapter God is telling us He wants us to understand this subject. It tells us that there are different gifts but the all serve the same purpose. To help God Blesses His people. It is like a cog in a wheel. The all support the wheel and without any of them the wheel is weakened. None of them are more important ( the gifts of the spirit are like a school cheerleading team doing a pyramid. Remove on of the ppl in the pyramid and it falls)

God gives His spiritual gifts by means of the Holy Spirit (note that they are gifts; they can not be earned). Gos is willing to give each of one or more gifts. Start with asking Him through pray. Tell Him you are willing to serve Him with your gift. Begin by asking Him with the infilling of the Holy Spirit as evidenced by the speaking in tongues (your spiritual language) A lot of Chrisitians today don't beleive in speaking in tongues so you should study this out for yourself. I do beleive it and I speak in tongues normally when I'm in my own prayer time ( it is like and intimate conversation with God that no one else gets to listen in on). Ask God to show you what you gift(s) are. Be patient and don't doubt that you will be shown what it is you are seeking. Once you have asked Him to show you begin to thank him each day for answering your prayers even though they may not have manifested (shown up) as yet. Thanking Him demonstrates your faith in and gratitude to God. If at some time you are moved to pray for someone. Do it. If you feel you are being led to lay your hands on a friend who feels sick so that they can be healed. Do it. Don't be shy or embarassed to do it but ask the person if it is okay first. You might be suprised how many will accept prayer even from a 14 year old girl named Emily.

God is going to honor your desire. I feel it in my spirit. Don't ever let anyone from disuading you from growing in your relationship with God. I am so happy to see a young person desiring the gifts of the spirit. We need you.

I'll give you a name of a book that you might want to try to find. The book is called The Gifts of the Spirit by Harold Horton. The ISBN # is 0-88243-504-3. I don't know if it is print. I would gladly send you my copy but I don't know how to give you my contact information. If your mom or dad want contact me if they know how to do it I will respond.

Please ask your parent first and ask them to do it for you. You may also want to go to www.kcm.org. They have excellent teaching materials on their site. Ask for any thing and they will send it to you. They even have some cool stuff for young ppl. Sorry for the long messageEmily. I pray it helps you.

God bless you and make you a Blessing unto others. Have a safe and fun summer holiday.

Frank B.

below are some links to take a test to discover your spiritual gifts

i've taken the one at the first link twice at different times years apart and it came out with same result

(my gift is Knowledge of the Word and this fits me because i am continually teaching and explaining spiritual interpretation to others since 1989,i usually tend to draw a crowd whenever i do...)

Yes, I have that issue as well. I think you should think about what your good at, what you enjoy doing, and figure out how to use that for God. If you sing, sing for God, if you dance then dance.

whatever it is you do, do it for the glory of God

Just serve God and live as holy as you can. Eventually, God will reveal it to you.

• ?

would recommend focus on school. try to get a good plan together for the next part of your life, of being a good person with good things you like, after school. other than that, find a nice church that you like, is safe and has good people there.

Look under teh Christmas Tree.

by doing things or god

your gifts will stand out and excel above everything you do

Start serving needfuls from rightnow, you will get your answer directlly by God..