Kira
Lv 5
Kira asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 9 years ago

Question about English accents?

I've been really interested in learning the English accent and I'm wondering if there are any websites that can teach you how to speak with that accent? Like where there's a voice clip of any random word spoken by a British person so that I can repeat it aloud..

I know it sounds weird, but I'm just wondering. I think it would be great. Thanks in advance.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

just watch some British videos or BBC and repeat what you hear. there are also some tutorial videos on YouTube that explain what to do, but they aren't very informative.

• posse
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I suppose such a lot Americans can inform that there's a few variant amongst British accents however could not inform which matches with what vicinity. There is obvious variant amongst American English accents. Some are bigger than others at distinguishing that's which. Many accents are fitting homogenized as humans transfer round. Some can become aware of a trace of New York in my accessory, however plenty of years within the West have softened it. Some Canadian accents are notably unique from American accents, routinely with French, Scottish, or Scandanavian tones. Some sound similar to American accents.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.