Should I continue talking to my old friend?

recently made contact with one of my old friends from elementary/middle school (I'm currently 16) and she kept telling me about her amazing sex life and how she's 6 months pregnant. She kept telling me that I seem like I was back in middle school. It made me feel uncomfortable. It was like she was pressuring me into being sexually active when I'm just not ready. I want to talk to her, but I fear that she's going to keep talking about her sexual experiences and I think she's a bad influence on me.

Actually, she's 18.

Favorite Answer

Probably best to stop talking to her if it makes you feel uncomfortable. Friends help define who you are, and if those friends are pressuring you to do things that you aren't comfortable doing then they really aren't friends. Now, you said she hasn't pressured you to start having sex or anything like that, but by the way she seems to be bragging about it, she very well may look down on you for not doing that stuff.

I had a friend kind of like this back in high school. She and I used to be close friends in middle school, then she started talking about all sorts of stuff that I felt uncomfortable with, so I decided, in order to keep my morals, to stop hanging out with her or sitting with her at lunch. I didn't completely cut her off, but I greatly reduced the amount of time I spent around her.

If someone makes you feel uncomfortable, you just have to make the decision whether or not your morals are worth their friendship.

Source(s): Life

She isn't a good friend. You should stay away from her for god's sake. 6 months pregnant that isn't cool at all.

forget her, shes 16 and pregnant, bad influence. she wnats you to make mistakes like her.