Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 9 years ago

Is it possible for a woman who has never had kids to feel "complete"?

I got you babe - I already asked that, seems you missed it :)

Thank you to all who answer, those thumbs down are not from me.

Favorite Answer

Some women need to work through this, others don't give it a second thought. I suppose. I tend to agree with whoever above, who stated, kids don't complete a woman. They certainly color our lives, however. LOL.

I know of a few women who are complete without either kids or marriage or even men! No intimacy happening with anyone, and they lead wonderful lives. Marriage and kids is not for everyone! :)

Some love the freedom, the pets, the careers ~ feeling very complete without those unions!

Some women have dedicated themselve to higher learning, or to serve in capacities that are very rewarding... they are not monsters for knowing what they would rather have or not have, and I don't judge them in this. Think of the dedicated women worldwide who choose to help others... such as Mother Teresa, or those in Science, Teachers, Artists...even regular people who are just living quiet lives... many choose to be less stressed period...

... actually, My answer is very truthful... I am not saying ... it is my cup of tea, but I can acknowledge women who came to peace with the issues of being single, kidless, manless, womanless... who live in harmony with life... and some never had a qualm ever... as they did not want any of it... in their minds they had peace from the get go....saw and had other dreams to pursue. why judge them... or me for standing up for them to have the right to choose.

Sure. Not everyone needs to have children in order to feel complete. Not every woman wants to be a mother and some just shouldn't be. Andrea Yates is a great example.

How do you make them feel normal? Hey they are normal, they are Gods beautiful children and unique in their own special way. You my dear have issues that come from being prejudice. As a parent you need to make sure you do not past these feelings to your children or they will not be normal, they will be prejudice just like you and think they are better than any other race just because they are white.

Sure - Having children is not so good anymore.

It amazes me that, in this overcrowded world of unemployment, people still say,"Congratulations," when someone has a child, -- a child that will statistically land-up on welfare and be a burden on society.

- My mother-in-law obviously has/had a child -- and she is not complete -- she is missing a few marbles.

People are capable of creating their own meaning and purpose in life. One does not need children to feel validated.

of course, not every woman has that mothering instinct. Also, many of those womens play important roles in the lives of their nieces and nephews so they can still be around kids, just don't have their own.

The only thing that would cause me to feel incomplete is not having a higher education...everything else, I can do without and live happily ever after.

• Ryou

Of course.

Not everyone is suited for children.

And let's face it, having children really takes away about eighteen years of your life.

Is it possible for a man who has never had kids to feel "complete"?

yes, children don't complete a woman